How To Ensure Your Product Launch is a Success
Below you will find a list of key factors which though our experience we believe are the main factors to ensuring your product will become a success. We believe that a successful campaign is a two way street. Marketing efforts can gain awareness for your product. However, if the product does not stand up to customers standards it will not become or stay a success. Adversely, if the product is solid but nobody knows about it your user base will stay stagnant. It is important that the executive, development and the marketing and promotions department are equally committed to executing business initiatives in a timely and effective fashion in order to keep up with consumer demand and market forces.
- Effectively conveying the value and benefit of your product.
- Creating an ad campaign that drives direct sales.
- Getting influencers and large publications to talk about your product.
- Monitoring and promptly responding to requests for interviews.
- Updating social media accounts with news and release updates.
- Responding to private and public customer issues promptly.
- Quickly determining ways to optimize and improve the marketing campaign.
- Submit insightful marketing data reports regularly.
- Effectively communicating progress, short term initiatives, and long-term strategies.
- Keep your eye on the long term goal and not day to day tasks.
- Continuing to innovate the product over time.
- Quickly rolling out improved feature updates.
- Promptly fixing any glitches within the product.
- Understand that requests by the marketing team are a priority to continued success.
- Keeping marketing team informed on future updates at least 1 month in advance.
- Avoid knee jerk reactions such as cutting your budget or key employees as soon as you hit hard times.
- Don’t change course with your marketing campaign for at least six months unless there is apparent negative reactions from consumers. Marketing is a long term commitment. Stick with it and it will pay off.
- Budgeting your company funds product appropriately across departments. There’s nothing more disruptive to your business than departments not getting the correct funding needed to succeed.
- Work on your business instead of in your business.
- Be innovative and creative. Companies that out perform there competitors in innovation rather than trickery always win in the long run.
Obviously, there is no magic pill for success but if you follow these guidelines you will always be a step ahead of your competitors.
Did I miss something? Leave your suggestions below.